Opinion Paragraph Lesson 6

 

My least favourite lesson.

Lesson 6 feels incomplete and repeats the same idea over and over again. I think Lesson 6 should have been different. First of all, the idea of convincing someone doesn’t resonate with me; it gives the idea that if you don’t convince your reader, then you will lose credibility in general. This assumption is very subjective to me because not everyone has the same perception and scale of values, and therefore, even if I try to sound very convincing, I won’t convince everyone. For example, no matter how full of evidence, statistics, and quotations an article is, there are always going to be people who, for different reasons, refuse to believe in its veracity. Additionally, the lesson seems more focused on academic writing than other sorts of writing. It is supposed to be a guidebook for writing, and writing includes all sorts of fiction texts as well; therefore, if I am writing a novel or a short fantasy story, I don’t need to convince my reader that the dragon existed for real. When it comes to creative writing, being a credible source lacks relevance. Furthermore, for me, it was the least memorable lesson among the others. Being accurate and having credibility is a very obvious aspect of academic and nonfiction writing; that is why this lesson sounded dull and plain to read. From my experience, I turned to this guidebook because I wanted to learn about the structure and important aspects of writing, and this lesson was so obvious to me that it went unnoticed. All things considered, Lesson 6 has very little to offer compared to other lessons from the guidebook; in my opinion, it should be completed or redesigned into an aspect that concerns all types of writing.

Comentarios